Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow!!

So it's been snowing quite a bit this week. I am loving every minute of it! Our little street was so beautiful tonight when I went out to shovel our driveway and sidewalk. It's hard to see in these pictures but we have a few inches of snow....except at the entrance to our driveway where I've been dumping all of the shovel fulls...we have about a foot piled high stretching the length of it! :)
Our Geman neighbors are so neat a tidy...they even shovel neatly. I have piles all over the place while their snow is no where to be seen in excess. They are also so very kind and neighborly, tonight they all came over and helped me finish our second driveway and even offered to salt it for us!
Here I am standing in our driveway and working to clear it, next I did the sidewalk here and then the driveway to the right of the garbage can...our shovel lasted until this last part and then decided to be 'kaput' as my neighbors kept calling it! :)


Our backyard and forest!



The little nut after her nap and before I went to shovel! She's such a funny little girl!

It's been amazing to see/hear all of people's reactions to the snow here, especially on base. Base is a melting pot of people from nearly every US state, some of which, obviously, do not see any snow. That being said, I was driving behind a Chevy pickup this morning that was going about 25 km/hr in a 100km/hr area... I am all for following the speed limit and for going slow when conditions are poor, but when the roads are clear and you're driving a 4-wheel drive truck...I think it's okay to at least go the posted limit.  :)

Watch, I've just jinxed myself....my next post will inevitably be of my fender-bender.  

I hope you're enjoying winter wherever it is you are and in whatever way it so chooses to express it's self! Meanwhile, I am here....enjoying our winter sanctuary of stillness.....gute nacht my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment